Mental Wellness For All
- Strive to Thrive is a program to help you explore your symptoms of wellness and improve your mental health. It is a FREE 5-week program to help develop skills, knowledge and practices to empower you to thrive.
Are you thriving or just surving?
Life affects us all in different ways. There are various coping skills we use to try and maintain our health and wellness. Healthy and effective ways of coping with stress and gaining resilience to life challenges can be hard to maintain sometimes, so we can all use a little help.
The Strive to Thrive program will help you move forward and learn how to thrive, even in the most difficult of times. Strive to Thrive is a 5-week program where you will explore your symptoms of wellness and improve your mental health. Throughout the program you will develop skills, knowledge and practices to empower you to THRIVE!
During this program, you will meet with a trained facilitator and other participants once a week and will have an opportunity to share your experiences and improve upon your coping and resilience skills. This program offers a variety of resources so that you will find the one(s) that work best for you. We look forward to meeting you and helping you Strive to Thrive!
For more information contact:
What will I learn in these classes?
- Class 1 (INTRO): We will explore the difference between mental distress, mental disorder and mental health problem. You will learn how physical and mental stress are related and how we can reduce the stigma around mental health.
- Class 2 (THRIVING): This session focuses on identifying “thriving vs surviving” and the challenges that we face that make this difficult sometimes. We look at daily practices that can help us to thrive and we complete activities to reinforce this concept. We introduce the idea of daily practices and the importance of incorporating these into our daily lives.
- Class 3 (TRANSITIONS): This session focuses on life changes and our reactions during these times. This is particularity useful as it encompasses all transitions that can occur at any stage or age in our lives. Ex: graduation, retirement, divorce, having children etc. We explore how our thoughts contribute to our feelings about these changes.
- Class 4 (RESILIENCE): This session has participants discuss what the idea of resiliency is, in response to stress. The information focuses on what resiliency entails and includes the things in our lives we can vs cannot control. This section also focuses on helping participants identify short term vs long term coping and helpful vs unhelpful strategies.
- Class 5 (BUILDING CONNECTIONS): This section focuses on connections and exploring the types of supports in our lives. We have participant's discuss benefits of supports: how a wide variety of supports assist us and whom we feel we can share our stressors and joys with.
Testimonials from past participants
“I found the program very useful for myself, my family and the people I support.“
“I learned that the simple things that we do can have profound impact on our health and life.”
“I learned that our mental health is in our hands. If we do the daily practices regularly and make them our habit, we will definitely see positive changes in our health and life in the shortest time possible.”
“Every aspect of the workshop connected to the participant with such understanding that gave me the confidence about my new self through self-care and understanding how to cope and help clients in the future.”
Space is limited, register early!
|Thursdays: April 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th & May 5th||6:30 pm - 8:00 pm||Minnedosa, MB|
|Tuesdays: April 12th, 19th, 26th, May 3rd & 10th||6:30 pm - 8:00 pm||Hamiota, MB|
|Thursdays January 13th, 20th, 27th, February 3rd & 10th||6:30 pm - 8:00 pm||Virtual using Microsoft Teams|
By Phone: 1-877-509-7852