How often are vacancies posted?
Vacancies are posted every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday for a seven day period closing at 1600 hours (4pm Central Time).
Open until filled vacancies, otherwise known as ongoing vacancies, are posted daily and removed once the position has been filled.
What if I miss the application deadline?
Late applications are not accepted. Postings close at 1600 hours (4pm Central Time) on the closing date. Please ensure to submit your application before the closing date and time.
What is a competition number?
All posted vacancies are assigned a job competition number. Ex: HARNRPN151. Please reference this competition number when contacting your HR Recruitment Office with questions.
How do I apply?
- Apply directly on-line when searching our career listings.
- Or by submitting your application via email, fax, mail, or in person, to the applicable HR Recruitment Office.
What do I need to include when I apply?External applicants
- External application form
- Cover Letter (optional)
- Proof of all required credentials as listed in the job description (ie: certificates, etc) and
- Proof of entitlement to legally work in Canada (ie: valid work permit, Canadian residency or Canadian citizenship).
- Internal application form
- Proof of all required credentials as listed in the job description (if credentials haven't been previously provided to the hiring manager or if newly acquired).
How do I retain a copy of my application?
Before clicking on 'Submit Application', either print a copy of your application form using the print button and/or save a copy by clicking on your browser's "File" menu and "Save As".
Once you click on 'Submit Application', you will not be able to retrieve your application form.
I am clicking on 'Submit Application' but my application is not submitting.
What do I do?
Required fields will be highlighted in red. Please review your application to ensure all required fields have been filled in.
How do I know that my application was received?
You will receive an on-screen confirmation acknowledging that you have successfully submitted your application. It is recommended that you print or save a copy of this message for your records as proof of application submission.
Below is an example of message you will see on your screen.
What happens after I apply?
After the closing date, your application and resume will be reviewed. If interviews are required, those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Generally, you will be contacted within three weeks of the closing date of the posting if you are being interviewed. If you are called for an interview, please ensure you take note of the name, department, and phone number of the contact person.
We thank all applicants for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Do I need to complete more than one application if I am interested in more than one opportunity?
Yes, you must apply to each position separately to be considered for each position.
When contacted for an interview, preparation and planning for the interview are very important.
You may wish to contact Human Resources to obtain a copy of the position description to provide you with details of the duties and responsibility of the job.
- Arrive for the interview in advance (10 to 15 minutes).
- First impressions count, be professional.
- Business dress is appropriate.
- Greet the interviewers in a friendly and confident manner.
- Think of the interview as an opportunity for dialogue between you and the panel to exchange information.
- If there are any job functions that you are unsure of, write these down as you could ask for further clarification after your interview.
- Be prepared to supply a list of professional references to the interview panel.
- At the closing of the interview, if not mentioned, ask about timelines for decision in regard to the position.
Sample Interview questions:
- What did you do to prepare for this interview?
- What do you know about Prairie Mountain Health?
- What interests you about this position?
- What are your long term career goals?
- What are your strengths?
- Describe a situation that demonstrates your ability to adapt to changes at work?
- Explain the steps you would take to resolve a conflict with a co-worker?
Some interviews may include a computer test or other type of skill measuring task (example: developing a short presentation of 5 to 10 minutes in length on a specified topic). When contacted for an interview, you will be told if there is a computer test or if required to provide a presentation. You may ask what the interview will consist of and also about how long the interview itself will take. In some cases an interview process can take up to 1 hours if more components are involved