Privacy of your personal and personal health information will be protected within the PMH region in keeping with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Personal Health Information Act of Manitoba.
When PMH staff collect information from you we will:
- Only collect information that we need to provide you with our services;
- Ensure the information is accurate;
- Keep your information secure and private;
- Only use your personal and personal health information for
- Your access to our services
- Evaluation of PMH programs and payment for programs
- Approved research and planning related to PMH programs
- Other uses authorized by law
- Give you access to your own records and, if requested, make copies of them at a reasonable cost;
- Only share your information with other health care providers or health care institutions to the extent necessary to provide you with proper health care;
- Ask your permission to share your health information if required for other purposes unless we are required to provide the information for legal reasons.
If you would like more information about your rights under these acts, please contact a PMH Privacy Officer.
If you are not satisfied with how your information has been handled, you have the right to make a complaint to the Manitoba Ombudsman’s Office at 1-800-543-8230 (Brandon) or 1-800-665-0531 (Winnipeg).