Annually, The Brandon Sun holds the Westman Readers’ Choice Awards. Readers get an opportunity to vote on what they feel are the best in class in a variety of categories, in everything from specific service businesses and restaurants, to best charities and volunteers. The winners were announced in the February 25 edition of the newspaper and for the third straight year (2019, 2020, 2021), Fairview Home in Brandon was recognized as GOLD in the category of “Best Seniors Care”.
With the COVID-related challenges this past year, receiving recognition is especially meaningful this year. Fairview Home staff members were asked what the award meant to them, and below, are comments that were received.
Comments from staff:
- “I think we are the best! We provide wonderful care for people. We feel very proud that our work is appreciated!” – Amisha, Health Care Aide
- “Thanks so much for the support—it means a lot after a difficult few months.” – Maxine, Volunteer Services
- “I feel very proud! We worked so hard during COVID, and it was nice having support from Managers, Nurses, Paramedics, etc. We are a Fairview family, so it is nice to be recognized!” – Arpita, Health Care Aide
- “I feel very proud and honored & I believe Fairview deserves the recognition, especially with how we fought COVID successfully.” – Jobin, Client Care Coordinator
- “It is nice to be recognized for the hard work we do, especially during a global pandemic! Everyone pulled together and it shows how teamwork really pays off.” – Sheree, Recreation
- “I think it is great! It is wonderful that the people recognized our teamwork & hard work during these difficult times. I am proud to be part of the Fairview team!” – Dianne, Health Care Aide
- “I think it is awesome, and it’s great that the staff in all departments are recognized. We all do our best to provide excellent care to our residents.” – Karen, Dietary
- “Proud after the code Red that we endured and fought!” – Jennifer, Nurse
- “200,000 people took the time to vote, which makes me so happy that we are recognized! The pandemic hit us hard and we wouldn’t have been successful without the teamwork!” – Alyssa, Health Care Aide
- “I haven’t been here very long, but I am very impressed with the positivity that surrounds Fairview. There are so many people here that deserve the recognition.” – Susan, Admin. support
- “It is very uplifting receiving the positive recognition from the public. The teamwork that Fairview implements is astounding, however the general public doesn’t always get to see that. It is great that the people believe in us 3 years in a row!” – Britta, Recreation
- “Fairview has an amazing team with hardworking, dedicated staff. I am so proud to be a part of this team and I know they 100% deserve this GOLD status! We are all so grateful for the love and support from our Resident Families” – Cynthia Chartrand, Manager
On behalf of the PMH Board and Executive Management Team, we congratulate all the staff at Fairview Home for the excellent care they continue to provide every day and the dedication and commitment they bring to their work. A ‘thank you’ also to the Westman readers who voted for Fairview!