Dec. 31, 2021
NEW Visitor restrictions in PMH Personal Care Homes
Manitoba is experiencing a significant surge in COVID-19 cases. The new Omicron variant is extremely infectious, requiring some temporary additional precautions to ensure the protection of our residents, patients and staff.
Social visits/social leaves at Acute Care Facilities and Personal Care Homes have been suspended. Exceptions remain in effect, and Essential Care Partners and Designated Family Caregivers will continue to have access to facilities provided they pass all screening requirements. In addition to providing proof of immunization and identification each time you visit, you will be provided with a medical mask and eye protection.
Within Personal Care Homes (PCH) only one designated family caregiver at a time can visit. Contact your local personal care home for visiting hours.
- No general visitation is permitted at this time, including in the visitation pods/rooms
- Exceptions for compassionate reasons or end of life will be made on a case-by-case basis
- Changes to other LTC guidelines are also being implemented (i.e. recreation activities)
To view full visiting guidelines visit:
What you need to know:
- ***NEW EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 15, 2021*** all personal care homes in Manitoba will require designated family caregivers to show proof of full vaccination in order to continue in this role. Proof of vaccination and identification will be requested prior to entry.
- Masks remain mandatory in all PMH facilities
Questions or Concerns
If any questions or concerns arise, or you are looking for site/resident specific visitation information, please contact nurse in charge at the PCH in which your loved one resides.
If you are unable to resolve your concern please reach out to:
PMH Patient Relations: (204) 578 2104 | Toll Free: 1-800-735-6596 |
We are committed to provide a safe home and work environment for our residents and staff. We are grateful for your continued cooperation and patience. We request that you please share this resource with others who may wish to come and visit your loved one at our PCH.