SITEMAP       CONTACT USTwitterFacebookInstagram

Child and Youth Community Mental Health

Child and Youth Community Mental Health


How do I start?

Child & Adolescent Community Mental Health accepts referrals from many different sources including:

  • Parents
  • Caregivers
  • Doctors
  • Counsellors
  • School Staff
  • Child Welfare Agencies
  • Or yourself

Clients under the age of 16 must have the consent of their parent or guardian to access services.

Clients age 16 or older are able to provide their own consent.


Who can access Child & Youth Community Mental Health?

Children and adolescents under the age of 18 who are experiencing social or emotional concerns, or symptoms of mental illness.

Signs to look for that may tell you that you need help:

  • You are thinking about hurting yourself or someone else
  • You are having trouble coping and it is affecting you school work, family life, relationships, etc.
  • You have had something traumatic happen and you are having trouble coping
  • You feel that you are getting worse instead of better despite medication
  • You think you have anxiety, depression, or are hearing / seeing things that are not there.


What do we offer?

Clients are seen on an appointment basis. Scheduling is arranged between therapists and clients.

Walk-in service is also provided from 8:30 – 4:30 in Brandon

Services include:

  • Assessment
  • Individual therapy
  • Family therapy
  • Mental health education
  • Parenting groups
    • Positive Parenting Program
    • Active Parenting of Teens
  • Public  awareness
  • Consultation
  • Other services based on needs.


What happens next?

The Access Worker will talk with you on the phone or in-person to help decide the services best suited to meet your needs. Anyone is welcome to call the Access Worker to start the process. The worker starts by asking some questions. Then they will go over the reason that you want mental health services.

It is important to also go over risks, such as thoughts of suicide, drug and alcohol use, and aggressive behaviors. The questions asked, help to find the best services and decide how quickly they are needed.

People having symptoms affecting their mental health will be linked to a Community Mental Health Worker for talk therapy. You can expect the Access Worker to help you problem solve and help you find the best services for your needs. The Worker will do their best to help the person access services through other agencies. Examples of other agencies include:

  • Addictions Foundation of Manitoba
  • Child & Family Services
  • Children’s disABILITY Services
  • School Counsellors and Social Workers
  • Private Counselling
  • Clergy

Access Numbers:

Swan River                         204-734-6601
Ste. Rose du Lac                         204-447-4080
Dauphin                         204-638-2118
Roblin                         204-937-2151
Brandon & Area                          1-866-403-5459
Minnedosa/Neepawa                         204-476-7836
Virden                         204-748-4346
Carberry                         204-834-8841
Souris, Deloraine, Killarney, Boissevaine 204-483-6224
Russell, Shoal Lake, Birtle
Rivers, Hamiota, Erickson                         204-328-6211